1. I am going race-registration crazy today. If money were no object I would register for like, at least 10000000 to do this summer. I feel emboldened with the promise of new experiences! New distances! New PRs! I feel directionless without my next goal firmly in place!
Here’s what I’m thinking:
- The Bath YTri on June 3 (two weeks). It would give me my first tri at a nice sprint distance from the comfort of a pool, or
- The Bicycle Coalition of Maine’s Women’s Ride in Freeport on June 3. I have some friends who are doing this. It’s a 50-miler.
- Bands on the Run Half Marathon in Lewiston on Sunday, June 24
- The Norway Tri on July 14
- Lake Auburn Half Marathon in Auburn on Sunday, Sept. 9
- The Maine Marathon on Sept. 30
- The Mount Desert Island Marathon on Oct. 14
2. In looking at my 2012 goals, I am kicking ass:
- Complete a half-marathon in under 2 hours (current PR is 2:12, set at Race the Runways in March) ✓ RTR 2012 time was 1:55!
- Finish 2 more marathons (notice no time goals attached. I’m planning on Sugarloaf ✓ and the Maine Marathon again.)
- Run a 5K on a certified course in under 26 minutes ✓ Emily’s run, 24:42
- Compete in a triathlon.
- Ride at least one more century on the bike … and actually train for it.
Well, I’m going to ride the century … no promises on training, though.
3. Tony and I are thinking about camping this holiday weekend. However, we have a disagreement over camping with the pugs. What good are dogs if you can’t take them camping with you?